Monday, December 24, 2007


Oh, The Weather Outside is Frightful (At Least, In Some Parts of the World)
It’s Jacket Season – is it where you live? As the evenings, and even days get chilly, I’m most drawn to one of my many cute coats. I love my coats, though I really wear them infrequently. As I’ve gotten older, it seems to be getting colder, but that could be a sign of age. The above coat is my current favorite. It’s no longer made, but up for grabs on Ebay for exorbitant prices, easily more than 10x it’s original. For the curious, it’s an Old Navy Babydoll Fleece Hoodie. I have a black one I found inadvertently at the ON at the Westfield Fox Hills Mall (a very icky mall, btw) that I got for $6.49. Seriously. I have it in heather grey, which I got online for $19.99 plus something like $10 (overpriced shipping).

At any rate, here’s a look at some cute coats for the season (the fashion and the weather, that is):

Nanette Lepore Arrivederci Bell Sleeve Coat
Goodbyes and hellos are much more stylish when you're wrapped in an Italian stretch cotton topper finished with soft gathers and pleats. Notched collar
Single asymmetrical button closure
Inner metal snap closure
Empire seaming
Tiered pleat three-quarter sleeves
Pleated skirt
Side slash pockets
About 32", shoulder to hem
Fully lined
Cotton/polyester acrylic
Dry clean
Made in USA
At Saks Fifth Avenue, $480
(are you noting a trend as to the kind of coats we like?)