Thursday, April 13, 2006

Is He a Wack-a-Doodle? You Decide!

BeansTalk is going to jump on the GQ – following bandwagon, and put up the highlights of Tom Cruise’s commentary.

On Tom's psychic ability: "Oh, I -- I looked at her. And I went, 'You're gonna tell me if you're pregnant, aren't you?' It was a moment where ... It was one of those things," he (sort of) explains. "I just picked something up. And I knew at that moment she was pregnant. 'Cuz I notice things in people."

On what sex is about: [Sex] "is about the connection. Great sex is a by-product, for me, of a great relationship, where you have communication and it's an extension of that. Where it's just ... free. And that's how it should be. It's spectacular. If you're not in good communication with your partner, it sucks."

On why Katie is so amazing: "She's just cool," he says. "She's kind, she's smart, she's fun. She's a woman who's not afraid to be a woman."

On teaching Katie how to be more adventurous: "I taught her how to ride a dirt bike in an hour and a half. She'd never done it before. She got her scuba license -- and the kids scuba dive so we all went down scuba diving in Mexico and swimming with the whales. Sometimes people freak out when they see the stuff I do. But it's like, 'Look, this is who I am,' and people who know me know I'm very safe about it. I'm not crazy ..."

On silent birth: "It's really about respecting the woman," he reveals. "It's not about her not screaming."

On Brangelina: "Playdates! I've gotta give him a ring. I'm really happy for them. I am really happy for them. He's a good guy, Brad." (Said the still in-utero Jolie-Pitt offspring of the playdate invitation, "Thanks, but no thanks.")

On explaining the history of psychiatry to Matt Lauer: "I thought I was pretty restrained. I've been pissed off about things, believe me. I thought it was a terrific interview. I wasn't pissed; I just was intense on wanting to communicate."

On Katie's cravings: "She loves cupcakes, okay? I mean, the girl loves cupcakes."

On his hands-on approach to detox: "I have to say, I've always found the 'if it makes me feel better, it's okay' rationale a little suspect. I think it's appalling that people have to live a life of drug addiction when I have personally helped people get off drugs." Cruise claims he can get a person off heroin in three days.

On whether he told ex-wife Nicole Kidman, with whom he has two children, about the pregnancy: "It's not like anything I had to or didn't have to do. I wish her well."

On Katie's at-home pregnancy test: "Yeah, she did the whole stick test; I think she just touched the box and they all turned blue."

On commitment: "I'm the relationship guy. I'm not the dating, partying guy. It's not me, you know what I mean? I'm too serious. And I'm too intense. It means something to me."

On questions about the galactic overlord Xenu, a central figure in his religion: "You say this stuff to me and it's insulting. That's why I'm not even going to dignify what you're saying. There's always a lot of misinformation out there. I'm doing pretty good. Look at the things that have helped me in my life. You hear this other stuff -- come on, it's crap!"