Monday, April 17, 2006



Limited Edition Hendrix Leather Jackets

Hendrix fans will be thrilled when they check out the new limited-edition collection jackets at Gina Alexander (www.ginaalexanderinc.com). Zaak Wylde of Ozzy Osbourne, Slash, Jeff Beck, Janie Hendrix, VP's of Harmon Music all have a jacket already. Al Berry, Kelly Clarkson's Bass player wore it on the European Tour 2006 and was shown on CNN/Winter Olympics.

The photos on the jackets are from Jimi Hendrix's concerts in Hawaii and Sacramento taken by Robert Knight who helped developed Rock Walk at Guitar Center.

The Jimi Hendrix Collection:

Jimi Hendrix Winterland – 1968: The Jimi Hendrix Collection. 500 of this image in two different color combinations will be created for the Limited Edition collection.

The story behind the photograph: "My first Jimi Hendrix concert, Oct 1968. Just bought a ticket and walked in with my camera and went to the front of the stage. I did not know what to expect but saw the wall of Marshall Amps and was totally blown away. Remembered Albert King and John Mayall opened the show. Jimi came out and my mouth just dropped open, the sound hit me right in the stomach. I shot only 12 frames on one roll of film and got two really great shots that night. For some reason I found myself not shooting but watching Jimi play. I called everyone I knew back in Hawaii to tell them about Jimi. Tom Moffat the local Hawaiian promoter got it really quick and Jimi was soon jetting over to Hawaii where I shot more than one roll of film! " --- Robert Knight

Sizes: L, XL or XXL
Leather color: Black
Leather Jacket features:
- image printed on leather
- cow hide leather
- Jimi Hendrix logo embroidery
- leather embossed certification of authenticity label sewn on the inner-lining
- Jimi Hendrix signature designed inner-lining
- nickel hardware
- Certificate of Authenticity with edition

Jimi Hendrix Waikiki Shell – 1969: The Jimi Hendrix Collection. 500 of this image in three different color combinations will be created for the Limited Edition collection.

The story behind the photograph: "Tom Moffat the local Hawaiian concert prompter had heard my ravings about Jimi when I first shot him in 1968. Tom being the friend that he was let me shoot at the front of the stage, Jimi came out I started wildly shooting and got really great color and b/w images. All of the sudden Jimi stopped the concert and asked everyone to come back the next day. Being this was in Hawaii and everyone was so mellow, we all came back the next day. This was one of the first concerts that I shot color film and being in a hurry and not wanting to send the film to the mainland for processing, I bought my own Kodak Color development kit. I remember that it said to process for 8 mins and already breaking the rules I thought that I should push the processing time for 20 mins! I got great vivid color which till this day still holds it own." -- Robert Knight

Sizes: L, XL or XXL
Leather color: Brown (only Sepia Image) or Black
Leather Jacket features:
- image printed on leather
- cow hide leather
- Jimi Hendrix logo embroidery
- leather embossed certification of authenticity label sewn on the inner-lining
- Jimi Hendrix signature designed inner-lining
- nickel hardware
- Certificate of Authenticity with edition numbering


Jimi Hendrix Arco Field Sac Ca. – 1970
: The Jimi Hendrix Collection. 500 of this image will be created for the Limited Edition collection.

The story behind the photograph: "I flew down to LA from Seattle to shoot the Hendrix show at the LA Forum in the summer of 1970 but there was such a riot at the front of the stage I could not shoot, so flew with the band u to Sacramento Ca for one of the final shows on the 1970 Tour. It was an outdoor daytime gig and I got to shoot from on the stage. Jimi was in great form and let me move around on the stage to shoot. I was totally in to the painters in the pointillist movement and went into the darkroom to work out this technique that would make my photo look more pointilistic. This b/w shot of Jimi was my first attempt at achieving this look. This was the last time I was to see Jimi as he died in England several weeks later. " --Robert Knight

Sizes: L, XL or XXL
Leather color: Black
Leather Jacket features:
- image printed on leather
- cow hide leather
- Jimi Hendrix logo embroidery
- leather embossed certification of authenticity label sewn on the inner-lining
- Jimi Hendrix signature designed inner-lining
- nickel hardware
- Certificate of Authenticity with edition numbering