Thursday, February 06, 2014

POLLY SCATTERGOOD






New “Subsequently Lost” EP available March 11th

"Arrows deserves to make Scattergood a star"
-Mojo

“Dreamy goodness”
-Prefix


Polly Scattergood has unveiled the new video for her latest single, Subsequently Lost,”exclusively on Vev0, watch it HERE. The single is out on Mute on March 11th and is taken from her latest album, Arrows, out now.

Directed by Tom Payne, who Polly met at a film night he runs in London, explains: “I've always thought Polly's music had a very strong visual aesthetic to it, I really wanted to bring this out. It was very important to me to collaborate with Polly rather than dictate a narrative and I'm very proud of what we produced with this video”

Scattergood, taking about working with Tom Payne, said “Tom has a great eye, he knows exactly how to capture women and make them feel comfortable which results in very honest footage. Subsequently Lost is very close to my heart, it’s all about striving for something but never quite getting there and ultimately losing your mind. I loved the idea of the juxtaposition of the harsh reality and twisted fantasy, which is why we decided to go from the cinematic widescreen dreamscape asylum, to the close up reality”

“Subsequently Lost,” described by MOJO as “electro-pop perfection”, throbs like Moroder and comes backed with remixes from Vince ClarkeChad ValleyCan Love Be SynthLissVik andParralox.


Arrows features Polly Scattergood’s signature blend of storytelling and soul-searching, but also looks outwards and heavenwards, spinning an enchanting web of sonic playfulness while stretching for new skylines. Awarded Album of the Year on Chimeo and Love Is Pop, Polly describes it as “…my ‘arrow’ -- pointing me in the right direction after I was lost for a while. This feels like where I want to be as an artist."