HGTV Rings in the New Year
The party starts at home for the New Year on HGTV with the launch of 5 new series, including "Dear Genevieve," hosted by designer Genevieve Gorder (Trading Spaces and Town Haul).
Whether your resolution this year is to get organized, be more budget-conscious, or simply be happier, Gorder believes the best place to start is in your own home.
In "Dear Genevieve," she serves as the sort of "Dear Abby" of the design world and answers the cries for help from viewers. From tackling outdated kitchens to dingy basements to non-functional home offices, Genevieve offers solutions for common design pitfalls to help homeowners rekindle the passion for their homes and lives.
Viewers looking for a fresh start will benefit from the inspirational stories of how design changes can transform the lives of everyday families as well as the practical takeaway tips Genevieve runs down in each episode.
"Dear Genevieve" premieres with back-to-back episodes at 1:00 pm + 1:30 pm ET on Jan 1, 2009 on HGTV. (note: "Dear Genevieve" premieres in its regular timeslot on Monday, January 5 at 8:30pm ET/PT).
In addition to Dear Genevieve, HGTV is kicking off 2009 with:
Four New Real Estate Series:
* "The Unsellables" [Jan. 1 @ 2:00 pm + 2:30 pm ET]
* "Desperate to Buy" [Jan 1 @ 3:00 pm + 3:30 pm ET]
* "Income Property" [Jan 1 @ 4:00 pm + 4:30 pm ET]
* "The Property Shop" [Jan 1@ 10:00 pm ET]
Two New Specials:
* "Paint-Over! With Jennifer Bertrand" [Jan 1 @ 5:00pm ET]: HGTV Design Star 3 winner Jennifer Bertrand shows how a little paintbrush wizardry can transform everything from cabinets and couches to floors and ceilings...even the rec room for the Philadelphia 76ers!
* HGTV Dream Home 2009 [Jan. 1 @ 9pm ET]: HGTV kicks off the annual installment of one of cable television's most successful promotions on January 1 with the premiere of a one-hour special that offers a private tour inside this year's luxurious HGTV Dream Home, located in Sonoma, Calif.