Tuesday, September 15, 2009



Manilow Visits the UK and
Appears on Jonathan Ross


On the September 18 episode of Friday Night with Jonathan Ross features singer Barry Manilow who discusses his dislike for some of today’s pop music, “I force myself to listen to pop” saying he prefers classical, Broadway and R&B music over pop. He also mentions he didn’t expect to be famous and how success was difficult at times, “My life changed overnight, everything went upside down, I was on Mars for the first three years, it happened so quickly... I can’t imagine what it does to you now.” Barry later returns to the stage and performs some of his classic material.



Also guesting is actress Eva Mendes chatting about how she doesn’t see herself as a sex symbol, “I’m unconventional, I can make myself not as cute – play it up or play it down.” Jonathan Creek actor/comedian Alan Davies also sits down with Ross and singer Jamie T with Chakka Demus performs.

On September 25, Ross welcomes renowned natural history presenter, Sir David Attenborough, model Eva Herzigova and rap icon Jay Z.

BAFTA award-winning chat show Friday Night with Jonathan Ross airs Fridays, 9:00 p.m. ET/PT on BBC AMERICA.