Monday, January 25, 2010
Platinum jewelry was worn by many on the red carpet at the 16th Annual SAG Awards.
Following is a list of platinum baubles that celebrities wore on the red carpet:
• Anna Kendrick (“Up In The Air”): Platinum and diamond cluster earrings by Kwiat.
• Christina Applegate (“Samantha Who?”): Platinum and diamond hairpin, earrings, ring and bracelet by Lorraine Schwartz.
• Mariah Carey (“Precious”): Platinum bracelet by Kwiat.
• Toni Collette (“United States of Tara”): Platinum and turquoise ring by Neil Lane.
• Meryl Streep (“Julie & Julia”): Platinum and diamond ring by Fred Leighton.
• Tina Fey (“30 Rock”): Platinum and diamond earrings and bracelets by Neil Lane. (seen above)
• Mo’Nique (“Precious”): Platinum and diamond ear clips by Fred Leighton.
• Gabourey Sidibie (“Precious”): Platinum and diamond pendant (7 carats), and a platinum and diamond ring (9 carats) by Martin Katz.
• Felicity Huffman (“Desperate Housewives”): Platinum and diamond drop earrings (14 carats), platinum and diamond cuff bracelet, and a platinum and diamond ring (11 carats) by Martin Katz.
• Jane Krakowski (“30 Rock”): Platinum earrings with black diamonds, and platinum bracelets with black diamonds (29 carats total) by Martin Katz.
• Alexa Alemanni (“Mad Men”): Platinum and diamond earrings and bracelet by Beaudry.
• Jane Lynch (“Glee”): Platinum and diamond ring, platinum and diamond hoops with green amethyst drops, and a platinum and diamond ring with green amethyst by Erica Courtney.
• Edie Falco (“Nurse Jackie”): Platinum and diamond Art Deco bracelet (16 carats), and platinum and diamond earrings by Stephen Russell.
• Carrie Preston (“True Blood”): Platinum and diamond bracelet and earrings by Erica Courtney.
• Miranda Cosgrove (“iCarly”): Platinum bracelets with diamonds and sapphire, platinum ring with moonstone, and platinum and diamond studs by Neil Lane.
• Sarah Hyland (“Modern Family”): Platinum and diamond earrings (4.39 carats) with jasmine drops, platinum and black diamond ring (57.23 carats), and a platinum and diamond bracelet by Erica Courtney.
• Ariel Winters (“Modern Family”): Platinum and diamond earrings with green amethyst drops, platinum and diamond pendant, and a platinum and diamond ring by Erica Courtney.
• Lauren Velez (“Dexter”): Platinum and diamond earrings, and a platinum ring with diamonds and moonstone by Erica Courtney.
Platinum is prized for its Pure, Rare and Eternal qualities:
PURE: Platinum's high level of purity (generally 90%-95% pure) endows it with both a natural white luster, allowing the true radiance of a diamond or gemstone to shine; and hypoallergenic qualities that prove ideal for sensitive skin.
Only the purest platinum jewelry will bear a stamp reading "PLATINUM", "PLAT", "Pt 950", or "Pt 900", signifying the jewelry is 90% to 95% pure platinum.
RARE: Platinum is 30 times more rare than gold.
ETERNAL: Platinum will hold a diamond or gemstone securely, now and for always.
For more information on platinum jewelry, please visit www.preciousplatinum.com
Image: Actress Tina Fey from "30 Rock" celebrates with her award for best female actor in a comedy series at the 16th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles January 23, 2010. REUTERS/Phil McCarten
Posted by News 24/5 at 12:08 AM