Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Stars Give and Get
at Teen Choice
Awards Gifting Suite
Morrocanoil sponsored the “Celebrity Retreat” at Teen Choice 2010 at the Gibson Amphitheatre. The Retreat was produced by Backstage Creations, specialists in award show gifts and custom backstage Celebrity Retreats. Teen Choice 2010 aired on August 9, 2010 at 8PM/7PM CST on FOX. The "swag" is pictured above.
• Moroccanoil®- Russell Brand, Chase Crawford and Shailene Woodley of “The Secret Life” said they use Moroccanoil products. Jennifer Stone said it makes her hair "so soft." Jackson Rathbone of Twilight stopped by Moroccanoil specifically to vote his choice of Much Love for Moroccanoil’s charitable donation. The rest of the Twilight cast connected with Moroccaoil -- the product line was used on set for the film. The Moroccanoil area provided an opportunity to select and make a donation to one of three animal causes-World Wildlife Fund (www.worldwildlife.org), Los Angeles-based Much Love Animal Rescue (www.muchlove.org), and Farm Sanctuary (www.farmsanctuary.org) including Ashely Green (Much Love), Jackson Rathbone (Much Love), David Archuleta (Much Love), Quinon Aaron (Much Love), Jenna Ushkowitz (from Glee) (Much Love), Travie McCoy (Much Love), Rico Rodrigues (Farm Sanctuary), Shailene Woodley from Secret Life, (Farm Sanctuary), Doc Shaw from Pair of Kings (Farm Sanctuary), Bronson Pelletiere from Twilight (WWF), tWitch (WWF), Sarah Hyland, Modern Family (WWF), Jennifer Stone, Wizards( of Waverly (WWF), Maya Gabeira of Billabong (WWF), David Deluise of Wizards (WWF) and Jason Derulo (WWF). http://www.moroccanoil.com
• adidas MEGA- Boo Boo Stewart said the Megas were "the most comfortable shoes he ever put his feet in." The guys from All-Star Weekend commented on how good they felt. George Lopez said he really loved his new shoes. www.adidas.com
• FLIRT! Cosmetics- George Lopez loved the Flirt “Rock and Rebel” fragrance even for himself. Sarah Hyland was excited to try the Flirt Glamarazzi lip lacquers and thought the mascara’s curved wand was cool. www.flirtcosmetic.com
• Hello Kitty by Sanrio – Katy Perry was treated to a surprise on show day -- her dressing room was made over into a Hello Kitty fantasy land. She tweeted a photo within minutes and said “Hello Kitty threw up in my dressing room @ the TCA'S” www.sanrio.com
• JUST DANCE 2- Ashley Green loved Just Dance and is going to get Taylor and all the guys to play. John Chu texted Ubisoft later that day to say “That game was awesome! Can't wait for the next one!” A highlight on rehearsal day was when the Step Up cast came into the Retreat and played Just Dance 2. Beastmode" from Red Hook battle and Terence Dickson of the Ticks were tearing it up. www.justdancegame.com
• Loopz™ Game – Jackson Rathbone couldn’t wait to go home and practice with his Loopz game. Twitch from “So You Think You Can Dance” thought the Loopz game was awesome and said he could throw some moves with it. www.playloopz.com
• MASTERMIND- Jennifer Stone, David Archuleta and Jason Derulo enjoyed playing the Mastermind game and liked knowing that games would be donated to City of Hope's children's hospital for each star that played. www.mastermindboardgame.com
• Palm- Levi Johnston chose the slimmer Palm Pixi Plus saying “You can’t wear your skinny jeans with the Palm Pre.” Russell Brand visited the backstage gift lounge and grabbed the new Palm Pre Plus on ATT. "It's like my brain," he quipped when shown Palm's amazing multitasking capability. Then without a moment to spare, he raced back to the amphitheatre, where fiancee Katy Perry had just begun her performance. Good thing the gift suite was nearby! www.palm.com
Texas Instruments- Taylor Spreitler says her dad works with a non-profit organization involved with schools that need help with programs, so she knows how important it is to encourage students to succeed in math and science. Bronson Pelletier said that if he would have had one of the Texas Instruments calculators he would probably have loved math. www.education.ti.com. Please visit us at http://www.facebook.com/TICalculators and http://twitter.com/TICalculators.
• Vivitar Cameras- Bronson Pelletier thought the DVR850WHD underwater video cam was "amazing" and plans to take it scuba diving and snorkeling. Levi Johnston said he couldn’t wait to try it out. www.vivitar.com
• Xcite Fashion Collection – Xcite’s partnership with The Couture Girl’s Closet to give dresses to girls unable to purchase their own so they don’t miss homecoming was a popular concept among the young attendees. Selena Gomez picked something really special for one of the girl's and asked to receive a photo of the girl dressed in the outfit she selected. Leighton Meester said “How can I pick a dress for her. Wow so many pretty ones.” Russell Brand wanted to dress the girl that selected Katy Perry as her style icon. www.XciteProm.com
• Zoptopz- Bronson Pelletier thought the caps "totally rocked." Zachary Levi also went away sporting a Zoptopz cap. www.zoptopz.com
Celebrities also walked away with a gift bag filled with the following:
• Cartoon Network- Adventure Time With Finn & Jake t-shirt
• Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Shailene Woodley can’t wait to use her trip. The guys from All Star Weekend were looking forward to taking the trip to Mexico. www.garzablancaresort.com
• InStyler by Tre Milano- Rotating Hair Styler www.getinstyler.com
• Studio C Notebook Collections- Studio C by Carolina Pad brings extraordinary fashion design and innovation to everyday school and organizational products. www.CarolinaPad.com
• TowelDown.com- Hide personal items in Towel Down, a wind resistant beach towel, back pack, tote and more, all in one. www.toweldown.com
• Yak Pak- The Yak Pak Taylor Duffle is one of the biggest carry-alls from this brand and is available in an ever-changing array of eye-catching patterns. www.yakpak.com
This year’s Retreat was not just a Gift Suite but also a Giving Suite. Stars were invited to give as well as receive with several charitable causes:
• Moroccanoil will donate $10,000.00 among World Wildlife Fund (www.worldwildlife.org), Los Angeles-based Much Love Animal Rescue (www.muchlove.org), and Farm Sanctuary (www.farmsanctuary.org) with celebrities that attended the event choosing how the donation will be allocated, according to the number of votes each charity received.
World Wildlife Fund is the world’s leading conservation organization, working to protect endangered species and their habitats. www.worldwildlife.org
Farm Sanctuary works to end cruelty to farm animals and promotes compassionate living through rescue, education and advocacy. www.farmsanctuary.org
Much Love is dedicated to reducing overpopulation, abuse and neglect of domestic animals. Adoption and fostering information, and profiles of animals in need of homes. www.muchlove.org
Pressman Toy is donating toys to City of Hope’s children’s hospital for each star that played their MASTERMIND game, up to 2,000 toys. City of Hope is a leading research, treatment and education center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases. City of Hope is ranked as one of “America’s Best Hospitals” in cancer and urology by U.S. News & World Report and is designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center, the highest honor bestowed by the National Cancer Institute. www.cityofhope.org
Texas Instruments gave the stars the chance to take photos with their new TI-Nspire with Touchpad graphing calculator. The stars also provided inspirational quotes to encourage teens to think about the importance of math and science education – which will be available for fans to vote on. Texas Instruments will donate up to $40,000 total in equipment to underserved schools on behalf of the celebrities with the most popular photos.
Xcite partnered with The Couture Girl's Closet to give dresses to girls unable to purchase their own, so they don't miss homecoming. Stars styled girls for their homecoming by picking out the dress they think best fits each girl and writing a personal note to include with the dress. Xcite will donate up to $30,000 worth of dresses to 60 lucky girls who were styled by Hollywood celebrities at our event. The Couture Girl's Closet was founded in 2008, by a 16 yr. old high school sophomore, and they are the only Riverside County non-profit organization that provides semi-formal & formal dresses to high school girls for homecoming, winter formal and prom. The Couture Girl's Closet is a member of www.DonateMyDress.org, and a two time "Purple Dress Award" Winner. To date, The Couture Girl's Closet has been able to assist over 600 high school girls with dress donations. www.thecouturegirlscloset.com
Posted by News 24/5 at 12:24 AM