How and When: WatchThe Royal Wedding
Like it or not, if you are anywhere but the most remote place in the world, you WILL see imagery from the Royal Wedding, starring… we mean celebrating the marriage of Prince William of Wales and his long-time girlfriend, Miss Catherine (aka Kate) Middleton. And you'll see it, like it or not.
Whether you're bound and determine to not watch a minute or you're dead set on not missing a second, here's the up-to-the-minute wedding plans of the couple who first met a decade ago (that's right, in 2001; they didn't begin dating until 2003)
Friday, April 29, 2011 (Times are all ET)
3:00 a.m. BBC America begins live, uninterrupted coverage starting at 3 a.m. ET.
live beginning at 5:45 a.m. at bbc.com/royalwedding.
3:30 a.m. (ET) Live coverage of the Royal Wedding begins on TLC
4 a.m.: NBC (Meredith Vieira, Brian Williams and Matt Lauer), ABC (Diane Sawyer and Barbara Walters), CBS (Katie Couric, who just announced she's leaving CBS Nightly News), FOX (Shepard Smith and Martha McCallum), CNN (A nderson Cooper, Piers Morgan and Cat Deeley)and E! (Giuliana Rancic and U.K. TV personality Dermot O'Leary).
5:45 a.m. BBC America streams the wedding live beginning at 5:45 a.m. at bbc.com/royalwedding.
Direct from Buck House (that's Buckingham Palace to you and me), here's the couple's schedule:
* Between 3:15 a.m. and 4:45 a.m.: The general congregation will arrive at the Great North Door of Westminster Abbey
* From 4:50 a.m.: Governors-general and prime ministers of realm countries, the diplomatic corps and other distinguished guests arrive at the Abbey.
* 5:10 a.m.: The bridegroom and best man Prince Harry leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:15 a.m.
* 5:20 a.m.: Members of foreign royal families arrive at the Abbey from Buckingham Palace.
* 5:20 a.m.: Carole Middleton and son James leave the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:27 a.m.
* 5:25 a.m.: Members of the Royal Family (with the exception of those mentioned at the 5:35 a.m., 5:38 and 5:40 a.m., 5:48 a.m. and 5:51 a.m.) leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:30 a.m.
* 5:35 a.m.: The following members of the Royal Family leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:40 a.m.:
* The Duke of York
* Princess Beatrice of York
* Princess Eugenie of York
* The Earl and Countess of Wessex
* The Princess Royal and Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence
* 5:38 a.m.: The Prince of Wales (Charles) and Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla) leave Clarence House for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:42 a.m.
* 5:40 a.m.: The Queen and The Duke of Edinburgh leave Buckingham Palace for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:45 a.m.
* 5:48 a.m.: The bridesmaids and pages leave the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey. They arrive at the Abbey at 5:55 a.m.
* 5:51 a.m.: Kate Middleton, accompanied by her father, Michael, leaves the Goring Hotel for Westminster Abbey.
* 6:00 a.m.: The marriage service begins. It will be relayed by loudspeakers along the route.
* 7:15 a.m.: The carriage procession of the bride and groom with a captain's escort of the Household Cavalry, followed by the Queen's procession with a sovereign's escort of the Household Cavalry, leaves Westminster Abbey for Buckingham Palace.
* 7:30 a.m.: The bride's carriage procession arrives at Buckingham Palace.
* 7:40 a.m.: Members of the Royal Family and members of foreign royal families arrive at Buckingham Palace.
* From 7:40 a.m.: Other guests for the reception arrive at Buckingham Palace.
* 8:25 a.m.: The Queen and the bride and groom, together with their families, appear on the balcony.