Thursday, December 13, 2007
Holiday Party Tips From Frederic Fekkai and Victoria Secret
With big changes in hairstyles and makeup looks from Katie Holmes’ drastic blunt bangs to dramatic eye colors being worn by Jessica Alba, get your favorite celeb makeover tips this holiday season by experts at Frederic Fekkai and Victoria’s Secret.
ADIR ABERGEL – celebrity hairstylist, Frederic Fekkai Melrose Place
Adir works with some of Hollywood’s hottest stars such as Keira Knightley, Sienna Miller and Camilla Belle. Here are his tips to get this year’s holiday hair:
* 3 easy to do hairstyles to go from day to holiday glam: sleek simple low ponytail, loose chignon w/ a side part and a classic blowout
* A simple ponytail takes 5-7min. Tease hair at crown of head to give a little bit of body. Keep pony down or tuck underneath and hold with pins to give it an updated look.
* Loose chignon takes 7-10 min. Gather hair at nape of neck, twist and use bobby bins to hold in place. Keep hair loose and deconstructed.
* Quick and easy classic blowout – No need to blow out all of your hair to revive your look. Just blowout top layer starting from front to the crown of your head. Blow dry hair in opposite direction to add more volume
* Use hair accessories to glam up your look – a nice gold clip gives any simple ponytail a little bit of sparkle and a skinny jeweled headband will turn a loose chignon from a day to night look
This year’s look is to look effortless, very loose and deconstructed. Don't make hair look too polished or else you come out looking overdone. “I live for the Fekkai Coif Bouffant Lifting and Texturizing spray”, says Adir Abergel. “This product revives hair, adds volume and makes the hair more manageable.”
Fekkai Coiff collection is available at Frederic Fekkai salons and Sephora.
LINDA HAY – Head make up artist for Victoria’s Secret
Linda has worked with the most beautiful women in the world including supermodels Heidi Klum and Karolina Kurkova.
For the holiday season, Linda swears by three makeup looks:
Supermodel Glam – “This is the wearable version of the look I do on girls like Karolina for the VS Fashion Show. It’s all about the “sexy Siren” with dark smoky eye, a touch of color on the cheeks and full, provocative pink lips. And creating it is much easier than anyone would think.” Linda Hay
Simply Sexy - “This is a sexy, flirty daytime look. It’s all about a fresh, pink glossy lips and a bit of soft shimmer for the eye with a naturally rosy cheek simultaneously pretty and sexy.” Linda Hay
Sultry Smoke – “Nothing says sexy like a sultry, smoky eye. The beauty of it is that while it looks like it takes hours and a team of professional makeup artists to create, anyone can do it. The key? Blend, blend, blend.” Linda Hay
You too can get supermodel glam with this year’s must have kit, Look of the Show kit that Linda used for this year’s show.
The kit includes:
Mosaic Eye Shadow in Sultry
Mosaic Blush in Afterglow
Perfect Lipstick in VIP
Lip Gloss in Intimate
Intensifying Mascara in Blackest Black
These items all come in a black patent leather CD makeup case with Victoria’s Secret logo on front
Retail price: $45. Available online and Victoria’s Secret Store nationwide
Posted by News 24/5 at 1:22 PM