Flap on the Flat Iron
The other day we were stopped at the mall, from the persuasive, inescapable kiosk peddler of a flat iron that allegedly features more negative ions than any other, thus the heat being lower and the iron being more effective, if not healthy for your hair. She started out saying it was $250, but eventually tried her last ditch price of $125 (she wasn't aware of just how low we are on coin).
Using our own hair as an example, she showed how she could straighten the hair, curl the hair, all the while making it shine and ooze health, her heavily accented sales pitch rising to a crescendo, always ending each graph of yammer with "What color do you like? How many do you want?" I will spare you the repetition because it's irritating even just recalling it.
Sales pusher Karen insisted that their iron was better than my Chi or my GHD because theirs was all ceramic. She showed how if you scratch the surface, the Chi iron is metal. Hana Salon makes a 100% ceramic iron we're quite curious about. Eventually, we may be able to afford one.
In the meantime, here's the company's very cute mini iron:
A revolution in Mini. The tiny 5" long Hana Mini flat iron fits in the palm of your hand and in your purse. The tourmaline ceramic plates extend to a standard 8 inches long for easy styling.
* Advanced Tourmaline Ceramic Plates for Accelerated Ion Generation and Maximum Frizz-Free, Conditioning Shine
* Compact at 5" Long for Storage
* Expands to 8" Long for Styling
* 5/8" Plates are Ideal for Short Hair, Details and Touch-Ups On the Go for Any Hair Length
* Fixed Temperature at 410° F
* Flash Heats in Seconds with Instant Compensation
* Tangle-Free Salon Quality Cord Swivels 360°; Convenient Hanging Loop
* Energy Efficient; On/Off Switch
* Includes Stylish Silver Storage Pouch with Fold-Out Heat Proof Mat & Special Edition Tin Case
* One Year Warranty