Tuesday, August 09, 2005


Chad Kimball of OGEAR


Broadway Star Launches
T-Shirt Line OGEAR

The new t-shirt line OGEAR was co-created by Broadway star Chad Kimball who will be opening in the new musical "Lennon" on August 14, 2005. www.ogearclothing.com

Q&A With Chad Kimball

Why did you start OGEAR?

Oh, it seemed like it might be fun. My brother and I were also a bit tired of the whole "you are what you wear" mentality…like the girls wearing a shirt that says "princess" - that really makes me wanna rush up and ask for her digits…you know?

How long have you been building the line?

We started with the idea about four years ago, but really started working the whole thing about 9 months ago…it has been such a fulfilling process to work with my brother and make a product that we really believe in.


How long have you been acting?

Gosh, since I was 12. I played Joe Crowell in a community production of "Our Town". I was good. Really good. I had one line.


What is "Lennon" about?

We tell the story of John Lennon through his own words and music. Everybody in the cast plays John at some point. It is a very cool concept. I am incredibly happy to be working with such talented people. They have also been very supportive in the whole "starting my own clothing line" thing.


Have you met Yoko Ono?

I have. She is such a sweetheart. And truly one of the most creative and artistic people I have ever met. The insight she has given is priceless.


Are you a star?

I like to say that I am a blob of gas that closely resembles a star.


What are you wearing?

I am wearing an OGEAR Grass Green "telephone pole" classic tee. I love this shirt.


Well it loves you. What are you wearing to your opening night?

OGEAR. Of course.

Posted by Picasa