Tuesday, July 12, 2005


The First Mr. Britney Spears

Britney Proposed to Me
First, Says Jilted Groom

Kevin Federline was not the first man Britney Spears proposed to, according to Jason Alexander whom the pop princess married for a mere 55 hours. “She proposed to me! She asked me to marry her,” says Alexander, who also claims, like Federline, he didn’t say yes right away during an exclusive TV interview on ‘A Current Affair’ Friday, July 15, 2005.

“I thought about it. It was really early in the morning, and I was like, ‘Man! Can’t we wait until tomorrow?’ …But I was joking. But I definitely thought about it because marriage is something that I take seriously, and I really wanted to make sure this was real, but at the same time this was Vegas, and I was like, ‘Let’s do it!’ Vegas can make you do crazy things.”

Despite their craziness in Vegas, he tells ‘A Current Affair’ that if Britney is anything like her mother, then she’ll be a good mom too. He says, “I've known her mom for a long time…She's a wonderful mother to her kids…if she's anything like her mom...which she is, she's gonna’ be a good mom and wife.”

But before Federline and babies, Britney and Alexander were planning a honeymoon but “never got around to that.” They did however get around to consummating the marriage, according to Alexander who tells ‘A Current Affair,’ “Yeah, it was consummated…that’s something that happened.”

But when it came to ending the marriage, the 55-hour hubby says he “wasn’t treated the best” by Britney’s team and asserts that a lot of people pressured him to fight the annulment. He claims he knew full well what he was signing, but had no intentions to gain financially, stating that the experience in itself was “a real eye opener as far as what happened and how big a deal it really was.”

Of her new husband, Alexander says, “As far as I know, he's a really cool guy. A lot of my friends have hung out with him…I haven't watched her reality show and as far as everybody I speak to who knows her they say she's really happy...I don't know what she's gonna’ be doing with the next ten years of her life...I'm just happy for her and I hope the best for her.”

More details of their Las Vegas wedding on Friday’s ‘A Current Affair,’ one of broadcasting’s most historic and groundbreaking news magazine programs.

Posted by Picasa