Thursday, October 06, 2005


Mark Steines and Bo Derek

Bo Derek Launches Pet Couture Products

"Entertainment Tonight" co-anchor Mark Steines interviewed Bo Derek about her latest: pet products. He interviewed her on the set of a photo shoot in which she was promoting the line.

On her website for the products, www.blessthebeasts.net, Derek reports:

"To me the phrase "man's best friend" is no exaggeration. Over the years, my dogs have truly provided me with happiness, love and companionship. In return for giving their best, I wanted to give them my best. That's why I have spent the last four years developing and fine-tuning a unique line of the finest pet care products available on the market today.

Incorporating years of bathing and grooming nine dogs and 22 horses, I believe I have created a line of the highest quality products that take into consideration effectiveness, application and performance. The line consists of shampoos, conditioners, pomades and fragrance. Fragrance plays a very important part in all of the products. A goal of mine has been to keep my dogs clean enough to sleep on the bed with me, and now they can!

All of the seven different fragrances in the line have been specifically formulated to neutralize, not just mask, a dog's malodors. For all the dog lovers in the world who, like me, consider their four-legged friend a blessing, I have named this line of pet care Bless the Beasts. In conjunction with the name, a portion of all sales from Bless the Beasts will be donated to Canine Companions for Independence, an extraordinary organization that trains dogs to assist people living with disabilities. I wanted to create something special, not only in terms of product but also in a contribution to the world we live in. I hope that you will find these products to be as special as I believe they are."Posted by Picasa